What is robotic surgery and where is it performed?
Robotic orthopedic surgery currently uses the MAKOplasty robot with the RIOTM Robotic Arm Interactive Orthopedic System. Robotic surgery uses technology to analyze the patient’s anatomy for ideal placement of the implant. RIOTM enables our surgeons to precisely place the implant to restore correct function of the joint. Robotic surgery is currently performed in an outpatient setting.
What are the advantages of robotic outpatient total joint replacement surgery?
- Accurately plan implant size, orientation, and alignment
- Increased precision in implant placement
- Real-time intra-operative adjustments to increase precision
- Minimally invasive surgery with decreased tissue trauma
- Outpatient surgery advantages include lower risk for infection, same day discharge, and decreased narcotic usage
Am I a good candidate for OUTPATIENT robotic joint replacement surgery?
Outpatient robotic surgery is ideal for patients:
- In good health
- At a healthy weight
- Requiring partial joint replacement